QReserve's project management features allow users, reservations and files to be grouped together to track a project's progress, results and outcomes.
Create a project
Any user of a site can create and become administrator of a project hosted on that site.
- On the left-hand sidebar, click Projects.
You will now be taken to a page displaying your project memberships. Click the +Create Project button
The +Create Project button is in the top right-hand corner of the page if you already have project memberships; otherwise it is in the centre of the page.
In the Create Project window:
a. Select the site where the project will be hosted from the drop-down Site menu
b. Enter a Name for your project
c. Optionally, add a Description of the project.
d. Select a Status for your project from the list of options: Active, Cancelled, Completed, Delayed, Inactive, Needs changes or Preliminary.
e. Click Create Project.
View and edit project information
Navigate to your project's dashboard by clicking on Projects in the left-hand sidebar then selecting the project name from the list of your project memberships. The following project dashboard page provides an overview of key information on your project:
- General Information
- Recent Activity
- Recent and Upcoming Reservations
Edit your project's general information
In the box on the upper left-hand side of the project dashboard page, click on the pencil or arrows, where appopriate, to modify the:
- Project name
- Project status (active, cancelled, completed, delayed, inactive, needs changes, preliminary)
- Project description.
View your project's history of activity
All activities taken with relation to the project are logged in the project's history of activity. For example, it registers when a reservation is booked that has been associated with this project, when a user is added to the project, changes in member roles, any downloads or uploads of project files, etc.
Access your project's history of activity in any of the following ways:
- Select Projects from the left-hand sidebar. Under Tools, on the right-hand side of the page, click on the clock icon.
- From your project's dashboard, click on History in the top-right hand corner of the page.
- From your project's dashboard, the Recent Activity box in the upper right-hand side of the page displays the most recently created activities associated with the project, identifying the project member who performed the action and the time and date when it was performed.
Manage project files
Access your project's files in any of the following ways:
Select Projects from the left-hand sidebar. Under Tools, on the right-hand side of the page, click on the file icon.
- From your project's dashboard, click on Project File Manager in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- From your project's dashboard, the Files box on the bottom part of the page contains a directory for all files and folders related to the project. From this page, any project member can download files by simply clicking on their name. If folders have been created, simply click on the folder name to collapse it and see its files.
From the Project File Manager page you can view and edit a list of all files associated with the project. By default, all uploaded files' Name and Size appear. Additional data can be added to files and changed:
- Enter a folder name to host the corresponding file. By doing this, you can sort your files in a more organized way in the Files box on the project dashboard.
- Change the file name
- Enter a description of the file
- Download, delete the file or delete the entire folder where the file is located and all other files in that folder.
Upload files to your project
Upload more files by clicking on the green Upload Files on the right-hand side of the page. New files can be imported from a file on your device or from your camera.
Only project administrators can upload files to a project.
Files must be no more than 100 MB and there is a fair-use limit of 1 GB total uploads.
View a project's reservations
From the project dashboard, scroll down to the Recent and Upcoming Reservations box to view a chronological overview of reservations related to your project. For additional details on a given reservation, click Details on the right hand-side of the page. In the following window, you can also choose to edit, duplicate or delete the reservation.
Add a reservation to a project
For a reservation to be associated with a project, it must concern a resource that is hosted in the same site as that project.
When creating the reservation, click "Select Project" under the Project field to see a list of your projects. Select the project name from this list and the reservation will be tracked in association with that project.
You can also associate an upcoming or past reservation with a project. Simply navigate to the reservation (e.g. through your History or the resource's reservation calendar), click Edit and select the desired project under the Project field.
Duplicate a project-related reservation
From the project dashboard page, under Recent and Upcoming Reservations, navigate to the reservation that you wish to duplicate and click Duplicate on the right-hand side of the page.
Manage users in your project
The Users page displays all users involved in the project and shows their membership status (i.e. as an individual or group user). You can reach the Users page in two different ways:
Select Projects from the left-hand sidebar. Under Tools, on the right-hand side of the page, click on the users icon.
- From the project dashboard page, click on Users in the upper right-hand corner.
From this page, click on any user's name and you will be brought to a page displaying their description and details (e.g. contact information, affiliation, etc.). Additionally, from this page you can send them a direct message to their QReserve-registered email.
Add individual users to your project
Only project administrators can add users to a project.
If a project administrator is not also a site administrator, they will not be able to see and add other site members to their project unless site administrators explicitly allow for this. To enable users to add other site members, a site administrator must enable the option Site member list is visible to all site members under the Access tab of the site's settings page.
- From the Project Users page, click +Add User in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- In the Add User window, if the user you want to add is already a member of the site where the project is hosted, you can click the field Select User to choose the user from the drop-down list. If the user is not already on the site, enter the new user's email address. The new user will receive an email inviting them to create a QReserve account and another email indicating their new project membership.
- Choose a Role for the new user: Administrator, Member or View-Only.
Add user groups to your project
Only site administrators can add user groups to a project.
- From the Project Users page, click User Groups in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Click the + beside User Groups to see a list of the user groups in the site where the project is hosted.
- Under the new Add User Group window, select a user group from the drop-down list or type the name of the user group.
- Choose a Role for the new user: Administrator, Member or View-Only.
When linked to a user group, any users added to or removed from that user group will be added to or removed from the project in real-time. That is, the project will stay synchronized to the list of users in that group.
If you want a user to persist in a project even after they've been removed from a user group, or want to change their individual role in the project, add them again as a project member. The role for the project will be the highest one set, with Administrator > Member > View-only.