Last Updated: September 19, 2019
Information We Collect And Receive
QReserve may collect and receive Customer Data and other information and data ("Other Information") in a variety of ways:
- Customer Data. Customers or individuals granted access to a Site by a Customer ("Authorized Users") routinely submit Customer Data to QReserve when using the Services.
Other Information. QReserve also collects, generates and/or receives Other Information:
- Site and Account Information. To create or update an account, you or your Customer (e.g., your administrator) could supply QReserve with your full name, email address, password, location (static, non-tracking), institutional affiliations, list of equipment and information about that equipment you own or are a custodian to, and/or similar account details. In addition, Customers that purchase a paid version of the Services provide QReserve (or its payment processors) with billing details such as credit card information, banking information and/or a billing address.
- Services Metadata. When an Authorized User interacts with the Services, metadata is generated that provides additional context about the way Authorized Users work. For example, QReserve logs the Sites, people, features, content and links you interact with and what Third Party Services are used (if any).
- Log data. As with most websites and technology services delivered over the Internet, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our Websites or Services and record it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the Website or Services, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data.
- Device information. QReserve collects information about devices accessing the Services, including type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this Other Information often depends on the type of device used and its settings.
- Location information. We receive information from you, your Customer and other third-parties that helps us approximate your location. We may, for example, use a business address submitted by your employer, or an IP address received from your browser or device to determine approximate location. QReserve may also collect location information from devices in accordance with the consent process provided by your device.
- Third Party Services. Customer can choose to permit or restrict Third Party Services for their Site. Typically, Third Party Services are software that integrate with our Services, and Customer can permit its Authorized Users to enable and disable these integrations for their Site. Once enabled, the provider of a Third Party Service may share certain information with QReserve. For example, if a cloud storage application is enabled to permit files to be imported to a Site, we may receive user name and email address of Authorized Users, along with additional information that the application has elected to make available to QReserve to facilitate the integration. Authorized Users should check the privacy settings and notices in these Third Party Services to understand what data may be disclosed to QReserve. When a Third Party Service is enabled, QReserve is authorized to connect and access Other Information made available to QReserve in accordance with our agreement with the Third Party Provider. We do not, however, receive or store passwords for any of these Third Party Services when connecting them to the Services.
- Contact Information. In accordance with the consent process provided by your device, any contact information that an Authorized User chooses to import is collected when using the Services.
- Third Party Data. QReserve may receive data about organizations, industries, Website visitors, marketing campaigns and other matters related to our business from parent corporation(s), affiliates and subsidiaries, our partners or others that we use to make our own information better or more useful. This data may be combined with Other Information we collect and might include aggregate level data, such as which IP addresses correspond to zip codes or countries. Or it might be more specific: for example, how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
- Additional Information Provided to QReserve. We receive Other Information when submitted to our Websites or if you participate in a focus group, contest, activity or event, apply for a job, request support, interact with our social media accounts or otherwise communicate with QReserve.
Generally, no one is under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide any Customer Data or Other Information (collectively, "Information"). However, certain Information is collected automatically and, if some Information, such as Site setup details, is not provided, we may be unable to provide the Services.
QReserve's data hosting centre is located in Montréal, Québec, Canada and Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
How We Use Information
Customer Data will be used by QReserve in accordance with Customer's instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer's use of Services functionality, and as required by applicable law. QReserve is a processor of Customer Data and Customer is the controller. Customer may, for example, use the Services to grant and remove access to a Site, assign roles and configure settings, access, modify, export, share and remove Customer Data and otherwise apply its policies to the Services.
QReserve uses Other Information in furtherance of our legitimate interests in operating our Services, Websites and business. More specifically, QReserve uses Other Information:
- To provide, update, maintain and protect our Services, Websites and business. This includes use of Other Information to support delivery of the Services under a Customer Agreement, prevent or address service errors, security or technical issues, analyze and monitor usage, trends and other activities or at an Authorized User's request. As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
- To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments and questions. If you contact us, we may use your Other Information to respond.
- To develop and provide search, learning and management tools and additional features. QReserve tries to make the Services as useful as possible for specific Sites and Authorized Users. For example, we may help identify you to users you contact through QReserve's website, generate statistics on site usage, customize your user experience, or provide personalized customer service.
- To send emails and other communications. We may send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages and other types of communications. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Services offerings, and important Services-related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These communications are considered part of the Services and you may not opt out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new product features, promotional communications or other news about QReserve. These are marketing messages so you can control whether you receive them.
- For billing, account management and other administrative matters. QReserve may need to contact you for invoicing, account management and similar reasons and we use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
- To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse of the system and resources.
How We Share And Disclose Information
This section describes how QReserve may share and disclose Information. Customers determine their own policies and practices for the sharing and disclosure of Information, and QReserve does not control how they or any other third parties choose to share or disclose Information.
- Customer's Instructions. QReserve will solely share and disclose Customer Data in accordance with a Customer's instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer's use of Services functionality, and in compliance with applicable law and legal process.
- Displaying the Services. When an Authorized User submits Other Information, it may be displayed to other Authorized Users in the same or connected Sites. For example, an Authorized User's email address may be displayed with their Site profile. Please consult the Help Center for more information on Services functionality.
- Public data. This data is visible to any QReserve user including but not limited to website visitors, institutional administrators, partnering companies, and any other member of the public. QReserve may offer services to display this information in various formats with the understanding that it is available to any party through our search engine. QReserve is not obligated to provide this data except under terms agreed upon by both parties.
- Semi-Private data. These fields are private to general users but could be available to any portal administrators for Portals your site is a member of.
- Private data. This data is only visible to site administrators and will not be shared with other parties unless permission is given.
- Collaborating with Others. The Services provide different ways for Authorized Users working in independent Sites to collaborate, such as shared Portals which connect data from multiple sites. Other Information, such as an Authorized User's profile Information, may be shared, subject to the policies and practices of the other Site(s).
- Customer Access. Owners, administrators, Authorized Users and other Customer representatives and personnel may be able to access, modify or restrict access to Other Information. This may include, for example, your employer using Service features to export logs of Site activity, or accessing or modifying your profile details.
- Third Party Service Providers and Partners. We may engage third party companies or individuals as service providers or business partners to process Other Information and support our business. These third parties include virtual computing and storage services (Google Cloud) and email delivery (SparkPost). View our Subprocessors
- Third Party Services. Customer may enable or permit Authorized Users to enable Third Party Services. When enabled, QReserve may share Other Information with Third Party Services. Third Party Services are not owned or controlled by QReserve and third parties that have been granted access to Other Information may have their own policies and practices for its collection and use. Please check the privacy settings and notices in these Third Party Services or contact the provider for any questions.
- Corporate Affiliates. QReserve may share Other Information with its corporate affiliates, parents and/or subsidiaries.
- During a Change to QReserve's Business. If QReserve engages in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of QReserve's assets or stock, financing, public offering of securities, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities (e.g. due diligence), some or all Other Information may be shared or transferred, subject to standard confidentiality arrangements.
- Aggregated or De-identified Data. We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified Other Information for any purpose. For example, we may share aggregated or de-identified Other Information with prospects or partners for business or research purposes, such as telling a prospective QReserve customer the average number of users or reservations made through a typical Site.
- To Comply with Laws. If we receive a request for information, we may disclose Other Information if we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- To enforce our rights, prevent fraud, and for safety. To protect and defend the rights, property or safety of QReserve or third parties including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
- With Consent. QReserve may share Other Information with third parties when we have consent to do so. When you provide us with personal information within your account profile, we assume you consent to our collecting it and using it for the reasons outlined above.
QReserve takes security of data very seriously. QReserve works hard to protect Other Information you provide from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the Other Information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology. Given the nature of communications and information processing technology, QReserve cannot guarantee that Information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
To the extent prohibited by applicable law, QReserve does not allow use of our Services and Websites by anyone younger than 16 years old. If you learn that anyone younger than 16 has unlawfully provided us with personal data, please contact us and we will takes steps to delete such information.
Data Protection Officer
To communicate with our Data Protection Officer, please contact:
Suite 310A, 175 Longwood Road South, Hamilton, ON L8P 0A
Identifying The Data Controller And Processor
Data protection law in certain jurisdictions differentiates between the "controller" and "processor" of information. In general, Customer is the controller of Customer Data. In general, QReserve is the processor of Customer Data and the controller of Other Information. Different QReserve entities provide the Services in different parts of the world. QReserve Inc., a Canadian company based in Hamilton, Canada, is the controller of Other Information and a processor of Customer Data relating to Authorized Users who use Sites established for Customers within and outside of the U.S. and Canada.
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area, have certain statutory rights in relation to their personal data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to Information, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct this Information. You can usually do this using the settings and tools provided in your Services account. If you cannot use the settings and tools, contact Customer for additional access and assistance. Please check https://my.qreserve.com/memberships for Customer contact information.
To the extent that QReserve's processing of your Personal Data is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation, QReserve relies on its legitimate interests, described above, to process your data. QReserve may also process Other Information that constitutes your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes and you have a right to object to QReserve's use of your Personal Data for this purpose at any time.
Data Protection Authority
Subject to applicable law, you have the right to (i) restrict QReserve's use of Other Information that constitutes your Personal Data and (ii) lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority or the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area and believe we maintain your Personal Data within the scope of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may direct questions or complaints to your lead supervisory authority.
Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
Phone: (819) 994-5444
Fax: (819) 994-5424
TTY: (819) 994-6591
30 Victoria Street
or on the Web at:
Suite 310A, 175 Longwood Road South, Hamilton, ON L8P 0A1
You may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at our mailing address below:
175 Longwood Road South, Suite 310A
Hamilton, ON L8P 0A1